Date Posted: Jan 11, 2018
The Cancer Epidemiology Department at the Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida, is looking to hire a post-doctoral fellow working with Dr. Shelley Tworoger, Senior Member. Her research program focuses on increasing knowledge of mechanisms underlying female cancers, with an emphasis on ovarian tumorigenesis as well as factors important in improving the quality of life of ovarian cancer patients.
The Moffitt Cancer Center strives to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
• Possible projects include assessment of multiple pathways for ovarian cancer risk, including psychosocial stress, metabolism, inflammation, and hormones, as well as investigation of factors influencing survival and quality of life following ovarian cancer diagnosis
• Opportunity to be involved in projects incorporating high-dimensional assay data, including metabolomic and proteomic profiling in plasma and other sample types as well as the molecular characterization of ovarian tumor tissue.
• Substantial experience will be gained in manuscript writing, project management, and grant writing
The Ideal Candidate:
• Highly motivated individual with a doctoral degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or related field
• Strong interest in cancer epidemiology and/or psychosocial stress
• Experience in biostatistics, bioinformatics, or other high-dimensional data analysis
• Record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in at least one programming language
• Desire to work within a team of epidemiologists, clinicians, and scientists from other disciplines, as well as independently
• Develop analysis plans, write statistical analysis programs, and draft manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals under the direction of Drs. Shelley Tworoger and Mary Townsend
• Develop new research ideas and studies within a team science setting
• Present research results in informal meetings as well as at local and national conferences
• Assist in grant writing
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. or MD required
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace