Date Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Moffitt Cancer Center has an outstanding research environment and is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Florida. Established research cores in Molecular Genomics, Flow Cytometry, Proteomics and Microscopy support interdisciplinary research and interactive collaborations between researchers and clinicians to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
About the Lab:
The Mann lab investigates the genetic interactions of driver genes involved in the initiation and progression of metastatic pancreatic cancer and myeloid leukemia using Sleeping Beauty (SB) insertional mutagenesis. We use single cell sequencing of SB insertions to identify initiating or trunk drivers, define cooperating relationships among drivers and characterize tumor heterogeneity, with the goal of identifying signaling nodes that may be explored for diagnostic or therapeutic efficacy to better treat cancer patients.
Dr. Karen Mann is recruiting a highly motivated, team-oriented post-doctoral research fellow interested in inter-disciplinary research using in-vitro, in vivo and computational approaches to investigate cooperating cancer drivers in metastatic pancreatic cancer.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has a strong foundation in molecular biology and mouse genetics
• Is experienced in mammalian cell culture and has working knowledge of RNAi and CRISPR-Cas9 technology
• Is familiar with NGS platforms and experimental design using genomics
• Learn research techniques that directly relate to the program’s scientific projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
• Plan, conduct and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance.
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
PhD in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline earned within the last two years.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should apply to Req 21879 as well as send a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum) and contact information for three references to Dr. Karen Mann via the email to Karen.Mann@moffitt.org.
Be part of Moffitt Cancer Center's mission - contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer...
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace