Date Posted: Jan 11, 2018
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
Looking for a highly motivated, driven and independent postdoctoral research fellow to join the lab of Dr. Brian Czerniecki.
• The lab is focused on dendritic cell biology and interactions with T cells. The research goal of the lab is the development of vaccines for the prevention of breast and other solid-tumor cancers and identifying molecular targets in early breast cancer that can be used to prevent invasion and metastasis.
• The post-doctoral researcher will both independently and collaboratively design and perform experiments within the lab and under the general guidance of Dr. Brian Czerniecki.
• A variety of techniques and approaches will be employed including cellular and molecular biology (cell culture, qPCR, immunoblotting, etc.), flow cytometry, and animal models.
• Opportunities for career advancement through attendance and presentations at nationals and international meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
• Postdoctoral researcher with knowledge in techniques and methodologies of Immunology.
• Familiarity multi-color Flow cytometry, molecular biology and animal models
• Experience with cell culture, immunological assays
•Independently and collaboratively designing and performing experiments necessary for driving the research project
• Assisting and teaching other lab personnel when necessary
• Efficient communication and documentation of data
• Presenting research projects at lab meetings and departmental research in progress seminars
• Writing abstracts and manuscripts in collaboration with the PI
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. or M.D.
• Experience in initiating, conducting, evaluating and reporting of research studies is preferred.
• Demonstrated pre-doctoral working knowledge of research methodologies in an area of research.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace