Date Posted: Feb 16, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Umeå University
- Location: Umeå, Sweden
- Job Number: 7050016
- Posting Date: Feb 16, 2018
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
A two year postdoctoral position to join Jan Larsson’s research group at the Department of Molecular Biology, Umeå University, Sweden is available.
We are interested in chromosome-wide targeting and regulatory mechanisms where our discovery that POF is involved in global regulation of chromosome 4 in Drosophila provided the first evidence of autosome specific chromosome-wide regulatory mechanisms. Our analysis is focused on four main questions: (1) the evolution and function of chromosome-wide targeting mechanisms (2) correct targeting of chromatin associated factors (3) genome-wide fine-tuning of transcription output and (4) establishment and propagation of chromatin structure within and between chromosomes. Candidates are encouraged to develop projects within chromosome-wide gene regulation with a molecular mechanistic, evolutionary or genomic focus.
• PhD degree in e.g., genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English
• Previous experience with either Drosophila genetics, evolutionary biology or genome-wide analysis.
• Knowledge and experiences in epigenetic research
• Experience of analysing next-generation sequencing data, e.g., ChIP-seq and RNA-seq
• Experience in statistics and statistical genetics
The application should include:
1) Personal letter describing your fulfilment of the required and desired qualifications listed above and one research question that you would like to address within chromosome-wide gene regulation (max 2 pages).
2) CV and list of publications.
3) PDF files of your three best publications.
4) Contact details of two to three references.
Umeå University provides unique environment that fosters cutting edge life science research in a friendly environment. Within the campus area the largest indoor sport facility in Scandinavia are located and the surroundings of Umeå are ideal for both summer and winter outdoor activities.
For additional questions please contact email@example.com with a phrase “postdoc in epigenetics” in the subject line.
Your complete application in one pdf file, marked with reference number FS 2.1.6-379-18, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (state the reference number as subject) by March 31, 2018 at the latest.