Date Posted: Jan 7, 2019
Application Deadline: Feb 6, 2019
A key research project ongoing at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) in Singapore involves next-generation data collection and analysis as well as modelling freight movements and policies for urban freight and city logistics operations. Part of our research agenda is also related to the development of the SimMobility simulation platform that integrates and links together various mobility-sensitive behavioural models with state of-the-art simulators to predict impacts of freight in the overall transportation system. The projects comprise of teams from both MIT, SMART, SUTD and local agencies in collaboration with several international research and industry partners.
The job scope is as follow:
• Design and implement the agent-based freight behavioural models, covering all relevant agents and their mutual interactions along supply chains.
• Make use of innovative datasets for freight model estimation.
• Work with other researchers and software engineers to integrate the above models in the existing modelling and software development effort.
• Supervise PhD students and other junior team members.
• Monitor the progress of the project, regularly meet with PIs.
• Scientific dissemination of new findings in journals/conferences.
In particular, we seek a candidate with the following skills:
• Ph.D. in Transportation, Supply Chain / Logistics, Civil Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant domain.
• Domain knowledge in:
o Transportation Network/Demand Modeling,
o Freight / Logistics / Supply Chain Modeling,
• Independent and self-motivated, yet able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Excellent command of written English and oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities.
• Preference will be given to candidates with proven skills in any of the following:
o Agent-based simulation
o Discrete choice modelling
o Programming/software development (C++, LUA, Python)
o Machine learning, data analytics
o Working with real-world data and real-world systems.
The position will be based at the SMART FM Office on the campus of the National University of Singapore (NUS). The Postdoctoral Associate will work with an integrated team of faculty, researchers and students from SMART, MIT and Singapore partners; Dr André Romano Alho (SMART), Prof Lynette Cheah (SUTD), Prof Christopher Zegras (MIT) and Prof Moshe Ben-Akiva (MIT).
To apply, please visit our website at: https://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information) via the stated website. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.