Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Printed Electronics Research Collaborative (PERC)
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The successful applicant will conduct analytical and experimental research in the areas of additive manufacturing for RF and MW devices and help their immediate supervisor in writing scholarly articles and proposals.
• PhD (or equivalent) in physics, electrical engineering, materials engineering, chemical engineering, or related field.
• Only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position.
• A record of publication.
• Experience with collaborative interdisciplinary research.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the subject discipline.
• Knowledge of modern research methods, data collection and analyses.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• Skill in analyzing and evaluating data.
• 1-2 years post-doctoral experience preferred.
• Previous experience in printed electronics highly desirable.
• Strong background in materials and RF desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process. Submission of a publication list, research interest, research statement and samples of scholarly work/publication is optional. To apply, please go to: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/496678/postdoctoral-research-associate-printed-electronics-research-collaborative-perc.
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for six months with a renewal contingent upon funding and successful performance.
The Printed Electronics Research Collaborative (PERC) is a strategic partnership between industry, university and government. It includes companies of all sizes, public and private universities, and U.S. Department of Defense and New England partners to strengthen and expand the region’s capabilities in printed and flexible electronics.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.