Date Posted: Jan 29, 2019
Application Deadline: Mar 27, 2019
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Aguirre laboratory at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School studies the genetics and biology of gastrointestinal (GI) cancers, particularly pancreatic cancer. We utilize variety of molecular biology and genomic approaches to understand GI cancer with two major focus areas: 1) Defining and validating the essential genes in GI cancers using genome-scale CRISPR-Cas9 screening approaches with the goal of identifying novel therapeutic targets. 2) Understanding the genetic and phenotypic changes that drive cancer progression through bulk and single cell genomic and transcriptomic analysis of tumor biopsies and patient-derived organoid models. Research in the laboratory ranges from basic mechanistic investigation of cancer gene function to highly translational genomic and functional studies of patient-derived tissues from clinical trials. Team members work in a highly collaborative environment that includes laboratory investigators, clinical investigators and computational biologists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT. We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking post-doctoral scientist to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in cancer biology and therapeutics with experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics/genomics or biochemistry.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Performing cell and molecular biology research including but not limited to 2D and 3D cell culture, genetic manipulation through shRNA/CRISPR, protein/RNA/DNA analyses including Western blotting, RNA-seq, IP-MS, and ChIP-seq.
• Lentiviral transduction techniques for ORF-overexpression experiments or RNAi and CRISPR-Cas9 knockdown/knockout experiments.
• Performing a variety of basic cancer biology assays, including in vitro proliferation or apoptosis assays, drug sensitivity assays, soft agar assays and in vivo xenograft experiments.
• Working with a team of experimental and computational biologists to effectively interpret whole exome sequencing and RNA-sequencing data as well as gain- and loss-of-function genetic or pharmacologic screening data.
• Performing detailed characterization and cellular mechanism of action studies of genetic or pharmacologic screening hits.
• Performing preclinical translational studies in mouse models of cancer.
• Effectively work with research technicians and cross-functional project teams
• Maintaining accurate records, writing reports, and preparing/giving presentations.
• MD, PhD or MD/PhD in biological sciences or equivalent
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and team-centered mentality
• A strong background in molecular and/or cell biology, biochemistry, genomics or cancer biology.
• Experience with genomics, functional genetic screens or mouse models of cancer (xenografts, PDXs, GEMMs) would be viewed favorably.
• Computational skills including computer programming are of interest but not mandatory
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to perform both self-directed and guided research is required.
Must demonstrate outstanding ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/c4pn48bkpq6yk4gf