Date Posted: Feb 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Stanford University
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Job Number: 7055681
- Posting Date: Feb 1, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
1. A doctoral degree (PhD, MD or MD,PhD) in the vascular biology, immunology, developmental biology, bioinformatics, molecular biology or related field.
2. Strong molecular, cellular biology, immunology, biochemistry or bioinformatics background.
3. Prior experience working with laboratory animal (mouse or rat) preferred.
4. Peer reviewed first author publication history
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Independent and highly motivated
Postdoctoral fellow position opening immediately at the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA.
Dr. Mark Nicolls, endowed professor and chair of the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Stanford University, is looking for a talented postdoc to join his growing NIH funded laboratory. The overall goal of our research is to understand on both molecular and systemic levels how inflammation and immune dysregulation contribute to blood vascular and lymphatic vascular disease. We use vascular biology, immunology, developmental biology, omics technology, molecular cellular biology, biochemistry, tissue culture, microsurgery and mouse and rat models to elucidate the relevant pathways regulated by inflammation or hypoxia signaling in the disease of pulmonary arterial hypertension, lymphedema and lung transplantation rejection. Our mechanistic and highly translational studies have resulted in multiple phase 1 or 2 clinical trials across the world.
Postdoc candidate will study lymphatic function and development and lymphatic complications associated with inflammation. Competitive salary and benefits will be provided. A minimum of two-year of term is preferred.
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, a statement detailing their research experience and skill, contact information (email address and phone number) and three professional references to Dr. Amy Tian, firstname.lastname@example.org