Date Posted: Feb 22, 2019
Application Deadline: Apr 26, 2019
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Location: West Point, PA, MA
- Job Number: 7056075 (Ref #: POS000281)
- Posting Date: Feb 22, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Apr 26, 2019
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in Merck Research Labs Discovery Pharmacology group based in West Point, PA, you will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists to establish and perform electrophysiology recordings (teased fiber recordings) from peripheral sensory neurons in Non-human primates (NHP) and rodents with an aim to perform pharmacological evaluation of receptors expressed on them. This work will advance our understanding of the neurophysiology of sensory neurons and their role in sensory transmission of noxious stimuli.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Establish teased fiber recordings in NHP and rodents.
• Perform pharmacological studies to address specific questions related to sensory transmission.
• Conduct behavioral studies and immunohistochemistry
• Travel to external collaborator in Baltimore, MD.
• Perform data interpretation, manuscript preparation, publication and presentation of results.
A PhD in Pharmacology, Physiology, or Neuroscience , or a related field with less than (3) years of postdoctoral experience OR graduating with a PhD by summer of 2019.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Willingness to work with NHPs.
• Skilled in performing ex vivo or in vivo electrophysiology recordings and data analysis
• Demonstrated ability to conceive, design, execute and communicate complex physiology experiments
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, be self-motivated, collaborative and have an interest in learning the drug discovery and development process.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of immunohistochemistry technique and/or cellular and molecular biology.
• Experience with performing animal behavioral studies.
• Experience with performing animal surgeries.
Interested candidates can send their CV/resume to Parul.email@example.com and also apply at the Merck website using the following link: