Date Posted: Feb 28, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), with more than 40,000 members residing in 120 countries, is the first and largest organization in the world dedicated to advances in all areas of high-quality, innovative cancer research. Its mission is to prevent and cure all cancers. The programs and activities of the AACR foster the exchange of new knowledge among scientists and physicians in the cancer field as well as in related biomedical sciences. AACR publishes eight peer-reviewed scientific journals and an award-winning magazine for cancer patients and their loved ones; convenes topical scientific conferences and an annual meeting that draws more than 21,000 participants; offers educational workshops that train young investigators in a variety of scientific and clinical areas; funds fellowships, career development awards, and research grants for both senior and junior investigators; raises public awareness of the progress in and reasons for hope in the biology, detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer; engages actively in advocacy for increased federal research funding and other national policies that accelerate progress against cancer; and interacts with regulatory agencies to support regulatory science and policy.
Cancer Immunology Research seeks a talented editor to join our team as an Assistant/Associate Editor.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Contribute to defining the journal scope and policy implementation in conjunction with the Executive Editor.
• Assist the Executive Editor in managing/participating in peer-review process to ensure quality and timely handling of submissions.
• Assist the Executive Editor with development, composition, and editing content.
• Collaborate with the staff of the seven “sibling” AACR journals to ensure good communication and promotion of synergistic opportunities.
• Communicate with authors, editors, reviewers, and readers regarding all aspects of the journal.
• Represent the journal and the AACR at scientific meetings and institutional visits.
• Stay abreast of the field and develop excellent relationships with the research community.
• Provide input for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on the activities of competing journals.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Expertise in immunology and cancer science preferred.
• Experience in evaluating manuscripts during the peer review process.
• Ability to communicate directly with researchers and to translate technical scientific content to scientists working in other disciplines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Independent, self-motivated, consistently demonstrating initiative and commitment.
• Must be able to travel to relevant scientific meetings and research institutes.
• PhD with postdoctoral experience in a biomedical or clinical science..
How to Apply
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a letter of interest along with your most current curriculum vitae, and writing samples to:
American Association for Cancer Research
P.O. Box 40138
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Equal Opportunity Employer