Date Posted: Mar 7, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Markowitz lab is seeking a Postdoc Fellow whose skills and personal and professional experience have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The lab’s research interest is in studying immune suppressor cells, their role in the development of melanoma, and means of inhibiting their actions. We are also developing tools to predict which patients are likely to fail immune-based therapy via novel high dimensional flow cytometric, mass spectrometry and informatics techniques, allowing those patients to be treated with other potentially more effective therapies. We are a translational laboratory striving to translate the knowledge gained in the laboratory via immune-based and traditional biochemical approaches to the clinic. https://moffitt.org/providers/joseph-markowitz/
• The postdoctoral fellow/research scientist is a non-tenure track researcher who assumes the direct responsibility of conducting and performing experiments or directly overseeing experimentation as part of a research team under the general guidance of Dr. Markowitz.
• Develop biomarkers for immune-based therapy.
• Study resistance mechanisms to immune checkpoint blockade.
The Ideal Candidate:
• proficiency in flow cytometry, IHC, immunoblot, cell culture techniques, general immunology
• comfortable with murine experiments,
• general proficiency in computers, general familiarity with bioinformatics and statistics preferred.
• Manage projects under general supervision.
• General laboratory techniques such as flow cytometry, murine experiments, informatics (assistance will be given with coding, but need to understand the basics to apply it and make small changes), immunohistochemistry, immunoblots, cell culture, ELISA, proliferation assays, immunoprecipiation
• Technical writing of research papers and assistance with grants.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• M.D. or Ph.D. in Immunology, Bioinformatics, Cancer Biology
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a current CV and cover letter expressing interest with this position.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace