Date Posted: Mar 22, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Pancreatic Cancer Metastasis
About the Lab:
The Mann lab investigates the genetic interactions of drivers involved in the initiation and progression of pancreatic cancer. Using Sleeping Beauty (SB) insertional mutagenesis, we uncovered novel cancer drivers that antagonize key signaling pathways and processes during pancreatic cancer tumorigenesis. We are looking for an individual excited by inter-disciplinary approaches to characterize how these drivers cooperate to promote pancreatic cancer progression, with the goal of identifying signaling nodes that may be explored for diagnostic or therapeutic efficacy to better treat cancer patients. More information about the lab can be viewed on our website Karen Mann Laboratory.
The successful applicant will use molecular biology, genomics and proteomics analysis to dissect the mechanisms through which drivers cooperate to modulate cellular processes and signaling pathways during pancreatic cancer development and metastasis. This individual will work both independently and collaboratively and will be part of a team that consists of basic researchers, clinicians and computational biologists.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has a strong foundation in molecular biology and cancer biology.
• Is experienced in mammalian cell culture and has working knowledge of RNAi and CRISPR-Cas9 technology.
• Mouse genetics experience and familiarity with NGS is desired but not essential.
• Learn research techniques that directly relate to the program’s scientific projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
• Plan, conduct and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance.
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
PhD in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline earned within the last two years.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum) and contact information for three references to Dr. Karen Mann at Karen.Mann@moffitt.org
The Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, has an outstanding research environment and is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Florida. Established research cores in Molecular Genomics, Flow Cytometry, Proteomics and Microscopy support interdisciplinary research and interactive collaborations between researchers and clinicians to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Tampa was recently named an “urban gem” and the “Best City in the Southeast” by Money magazine. Aside from the sunshine, beaches, and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living, and a high quality of life.
Be part of Moffitt Cancer Center's mission - contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer...
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace