Date Posted: Mar 22, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Derek Duckett is seeking to hire a highly motivated and independent postdoctoral fellow in the department of Drug Discovery at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center. Applicants interested in a drug discovery project to understand and develop agents to enhance immune checkpoint inhibitors for cancer are encouraged to apply.
The main focus of the lab is identifying novel anti-cancer targets, developing, new selective molecular probes of these targets as tools to interrogate how their altered signaling drives tumor progression, metastasis and therapy resistance. Using pharmaceutical practices, we aim to optimize these new probes as potential therapeutics. The successful candidate will be involved in an exciting new project to determine the mechanism of how aberent regulation of cyclin dependent kinase signaling may be exploited to enhance immune checkpoint itherapies.
• The position is for a Postdoctoral fellow to join an interdisciplinary team to interrogate signal transduction pathways relating to altered transcription, immune checkpoints and cancer.
• Opportunity to gain drug discovery experience by contributing to projects and studies understanding the cancer immune microenvironment.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Successful cancdidates will have a strong background in cancer immunology with a keen interest in drug discovery research.
• Prior experience is required with some of the following techniques:
o mammalian cell culture,
o isolation of immune cell populations
o multi parameter flow cytometery , sample preparation and data aqcquistion.
o biochemistry/ enzymology,
o drug discovery cell-based assay development ,
o molecular and cell biology
o experience in vivo mouse efficacy and DMPK studies.
• Candidates with prior experience in cancer immunology will be given preference.
While experience in the above skills is highly preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
• This individual will perform investigational studies using human cell lines, primary patient derived cells and tumor samples.
• Desigin and perform experiments independently and analyze data.
• Identify and validate targets from existing RNA seq and proteomic data sets.
• Perform experiments aimed at elucidating existing compound mechanism of action
• Participate in data interpretation and crafting manuscripts for publication
Credentials and Qualifications:
• MD or PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or relevant field with proven track record of productivity in form of publications..
Moffitt is the only Florida cancer center to receive the National Cancer Institute designation for its scientific excellence and offers unique opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations at the forefront of finding new cancer cures.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Derek Duckett at firstname.lastname@example.org
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace