Date Posted: Apr 24, 2019
The Director of Student Recruitment is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating recruitment strategies for the VUST’s graduate and undergraduate (after SCHEV approval) programs. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director will supervise enrollment management efforts of several recruiters and coordinate activities of staff and faculty in the university. VUST seeks to expand its reach for prospective students nationally, develop an international recruitment strategy after receiving its SEVP certification. Responsibilities:
Proposing, executing and evaluating outreach strategies for the student recruitment team; recommending strategies and implementing targeted outreach to potential students, application lifecycle management, and enrollment data auditing; supervising recruitment staff and working with admissions staff to ensure prompt and continuous engagement with prospective students; working with recruitment staff and student services personnel to plan and hold on-the-ground and virtual open houses and student events; developing and monitoring metrics to gauge success of recruiting efforts; utilizing customer relationship management (CRM) tools to plan and execute communication plans for prospective students that incorporate advertising, direct mail, e-mail, and social media strategies; and developing relationships with key University and College stakeholders. Performs other duties as assigned. Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of university student recruitment experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated fully understand VUST’s missions, visions, goals and all academic programs.
* Demonstrated the successfully enrolled a large number of quality students to other universities in the past five years，
* Responsible for recruiting prospective graduate students to VUST’s programs, include domestic and international travel to graduate school fairs, campus visits and professional association conferences.
* Advises prospective students throughout the entire admissions process.
* Manages and promotes on campus visits for prospective students and applicants.
* Demonstrated expertise in developing marketing and communication strategies for student recruitment.
* Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing and evaluating recruitment programs.
* Demonstrated computer skills, and proficiency with database management.
* Knowledge of social media strategies.
* Demonstrated the good people skills with the ability to help people feel at ease. Must be able to speak before large and small groups with confidence.
* Ability to manage a budget.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with a diverse constituent population.
* Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to travel regionally and out of state. * Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
* Master’s degree.
* Experience in recruitment, enrollment management or admissions of graduate students in health professions.
* Familiarity with marketing and recruiting for online programs.
In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations.
To obtain additional information about Virginia University of Science & Technology (VUST) please visit our website at http://www.vust.us or Facebook: www.facebook.com/vust.edu .