Date Posted: May 16, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- University of Otago
- Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
- Job Number: 7057340
- Posting Date: May 16, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Research Fellow - Pathology-1901102
DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY
DUNEDIN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Who we are:
The Developmental Genetics & Pathology laboratory team is focused on aberrant developmental mechanisms of disease, particularly cancer. The team comprises four research fellows, two assistant research fellows (including a bioinformatician), five postgraduate students, and an intern, housed within a well-equipped research laboratory, and using state-of-the art advanced methodologies. The research team has a well-established international profile.
As a Research Fellow based within our department you will be part of the team working on the project ‘Epigenomic profiling to predict patient response to melanoma immunotherapy’.
Some key tasks include:
• Collecting samples for discovery cohorts.
• Carrying out sequencing-based analysis of genome-wide methylation landscapes of responding and non-responding patients.
• Investigating mutational profiles of responding and non-responding patients.
• Developing Sequenom assays for methylation biomarkers identified in responding and non-responding patients.
• Carrying out gene expression analysis of biomarker regions of interest in the validation cohort.
• Contributing to the development and dissemination of research tools for genome-wide and epigenome-wide analysis for the Eccles laboratory group, including for CancerHub.
Your Skills and Experience:
• PhD in relevant field.
• Experience in identifying blood-based biomarkers.
• Experience with epigenetic analysis and large-scale/integrated bioinformatic analysis.
• Organised, methodical, with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work as a team member and to interact well with a range of staff and health professionals, and to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
This is a full-time, fixed term position for four years and is available immediately.
Specific enquiries may be directed to Professor Michael Eccles, via the following; email@example.com
To submit your application (including cover letter and CV) please go to https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl. Applications quoting reference number 1901102 will close on Tuesday, 28 May 2019.
Further Information: Department Website; https://www.otago.ac.nz/dsm-pathology/
Primary Location NZL-SI-Dunedin
Employment Status Fixed Term Full-time
Salary Level and Range Lecturer / Research Fellow ($80,406 to $96,167 NZD)
Job Function Research