Date Posted: Jun 9, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul 8, 2019
This project aims to develop microbial fermentation process to produce vitamins and/or other value-added food ingredients. The process would be based on genetically engineered microbes. The project may involve screening and engineering of biosynthetic genes, optimization of protein expression in microbial host, bioreactor optimization, and characterization of known and new metabolites.
• Lead at least one project under supervision of a PI.
• Develop a well justified approach to achieve a goal, once a problem statement and/or a research scope is defined by the PI and the staff.
• Execute the plan experimentally and interpret the data critically.
• Report to the PI proactively and take the initiative to propose changes to the plan when the project faces a technical challenge.
• Draft manuscripts and attend conferences to publicize the project findings.
• Draft research proposal together with a PI.
• Support other team members and train junior colleagues.
• PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or a similar/equivalent discipline
• Candidate should be passionate about research
• Command both spoken and written English at professional level
• Good team player
• Be able to work with us for at least two years
To apply, please visit our website at: https://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to submit their full CV/resume, a cover letter and a list of three references (including reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.