Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- JBE Industries LLC
- Location: Warwick, RI
- Job Number: 7057650
- Posting Date: Jun 10, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Director of Plant Sciences
• Creating weekly cultivation schedules (clone cutting, transplants, transfers, defoliating, skirting, harvesting) and overseeing the plant life cycle from seed to sale.
• Accountable for the health and yield of all plants in cultivation rooms (Mother, Veg and Flower).
• Daily scouting for signs of plant health issues.
• Responsible for managing Mom health and longevity of mother plants.
• Responsible for managing clone cutting and identifying strongest genetics for transplants.
• Send out tissue sample tests and interpret results.
• Implement as-needed testing according to regulations and plant health monitoring.
• Introduce and pheno-hunt new genetics.
Integrated Pest Management
• Manage all IPM protocols and improve systems being used.
• Daily scouting of all rooms.
• Quarantine protocol for any identified issues and implementing and executing action plans.
• Scheduling spraying of plants and rooms.
• Management of beneficial bugs.
• Sanitation, hygiene, physical barrier inspections and any preventative measures to be implemented.
Irrigation and Nutrient
• Monitor electro-conductivity and pH according to SOPs.
• Create and adjust watering schedules.
• Mix and adjust nutrient batches utilizing basic fertilizer salts.
• Send out water quality tests and interpret results.
Management and Quality Control
• Manage a team of five people.
• Prepare monthly training regarding any regulatory or system changes.
• Host weekly staff meetings and delegate/audit performance.
• Training/teaching cultivation team on improving best practices of identifying IPM issues and identifying plant health issues.
• Audit inventory tracking regularly.
• Prepare supply orders for Director of Operations.
• Consistently develop new logs, protocols and audits to improve the quality management system.
• Record and report all KPI’s and present monthly reports to management regarding health, yield and strategies to improve.
• Set benchmarks and goals for cultivation.
• Track COG’s/materials use and be accountable to budget.
• Master’s level degree in plant sciences with 2 years management in commercial cultivation or 5 years of experience of commercial cultivation management.
• Strong science background.
• Experience with pest and disease identification as well as pesticide application.
• Knowledge of plant health issues.
• Familiar with signs of overwatering, underwatering, nutrient deficiency and toxicity.
• Experience with both drip & flood-and-drain irrigation systems.
• Basic Chemistry experience with an understanding of ratio and dilutions.
• Field experience in a fast pace environment.