Date Posted: Aug 10, 2019
- Fudan University
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Job Number: 7059199
- Posting Date: Aug 10, 2019
Young Investigator (青年研究员) Position in Fudan
For a Drosophila genetic scientist
An young investigator (青年研究员，equivalent to a tenure-track professor) position is available at the Life Science College of Fudan University in Shanghai of China.
The position has the following advantages:
(1) It is a transitional position.
Within six years, you can be promoted to a tenured independent Fudan professor if you publish two PNAS level papers, get one “面上” grant, and participate in a 973 grant. You can be promoted to a “四青” (salary ¥40,0000) or a “杰青” if you do better.
(2) Can function as an PI to participate in or lead a group to apply for a large project grant (such as 973).
(3) Salary will be above ¥20,0000 (depend on qualification) and can be jointly employed in Fudan medical school; if so, the salary will be double.
(4) Start-up funding for research--¥50-100,0000.
(5) Can live in the University-subsidized low-cost professor apartment.
(6) Can get a subsidy of ¥40-600,000 if buy a house.
(7) Children can enter the high quality education program for Fudan faculty.
(8) Access to the Quality Fudan Affiliated Hospital Medical Service and Research Cooperative Opportunities.
This is a collaboration project between Drs. Steven Hou and Xinhua Lin. The young investigator will initially work with the groups and then be promoted to an independent professor position. The groups are studying stem cell regulation in development and disease using both mouse and Drosophila genetic systems. Details can be found in the groups’ website:
https://ccr.cancer.gov/Basic-Research-Laboratory/steven-x-hou and http://life.fudan.edu.cn/Data/View/2511.
Outstanding and qualified candidates should contact Dr. Steven Hou: