Date Posted: Mar 7, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow – Molecular Epidemiology
A position is available in Moffitt Cancer Center's T32 Postdoctoral Training Program in Molecular Epidemiology. Faculty in the Department of Cancer Epidemiology seek highly motivated individuals who are interested in robust preparation for careers as independent investigators engaged in cancer epidemiological research that incorporates biomarkers at the molecular, biochemical, or -omic level. This position is available immediately, and supports two years of mentored postdoctoral training.
· Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs
· Access to myriad research data including Moffitt's signature Total Cancer Care program
· Opportunities to publish research findings in high impact journals and generate preliminary data for future grant applications
The Ideal Candidate:
· Formal training in epidemiology
· Skilled in biostatistical analysis
· Background in medicine or oncology
· Proficient in scientific writing and publishing peer reviewed articles
Scope of Training:
· Work with mentor (mentoring team) to develop training plan
· Develop and implement a research project(s) under guidance of mentoring team
· Publish manuscripts and present findings at national/international scientific conferences
· Submit grant proposals
Credentials and Qualifications:
· MD or PhD in epidemiology, nursing, public health, medicine or related discipline
· U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency required
Together with completing an online Moffitt employment application, you must also directly apply for this training opportunity through the Department of Cancer Epidemiology. Please visit our website https://moffitt.org/careers-education/education/postdoctoral-training/molecular-epidemiology-of-cancer/ for further information on applying and access to additional application materials.
A completed application packet should be sent to Meredith Brenner, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, Inc., 12902 Magnolia Drive, MRC-CANCONT, Tampa, Florida 33612; or e-mail: Meredith.Brenner@moffitt.org. .
Questions about this opportunity may be directed to Meredith Brenner, Associate Grant Administrator at 813-745-5574 or Meredith.Brenner@moffitt.org.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace