Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- University of Minnesota
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Job Number: 7056445
- Posting Date: Mar 13, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
The Schmidt-Dannert Laboratory in the Department of Biochemistry and the BioTechnology Institute University of Minnesota (USA) has open postdoc positions for synthetic biologists/biochemist with a background in molecular biology, genetic/protein engineering or biochemistry. Postdoctoral positions may start immediately and will be for up to three years, following the successful completion of a one-year probationary period.
As a postdoc you will work on cross-disciplinary projects that focus on the design of robust, genetically programmable systems for biocatalysis and as functional materials for applications in biotechnology and medicine. To find out more, visit our web-page at: https://cbs.umn.edu/schmidt-dannert-lab/home.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Cloning genetic constructs using state-of-the-art molecular biology approaches
• Microbial strain engineering
• Protein purification and biochemical characterization
• Biophysical characterization of cells and proteins by e.g. TEM, AFM, mass spec and fluorescence microscopy
• Collaboration across labs and University departments
• Publication of results in peer reviewed journals
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• PhD (within the last 3 years) in synthetic biology, bioengineering, microbiology, molecular biology, biophysics, structural biology or related fields
• Proven track record of publications and research experience
• Experience in genetic engineering/synthetic biology of bacteria
• Experience in protein purification and characterization
• Someone who is organized and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
• A good team-worker who also can work independently on their project
• Someone who is creative, self-motivated and goal oriented in their project
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Submit to Prof. Schmidt-Dannert (email@example.com)
1) Cover letter stating your relevant experience, training, expertise and motivation for this position (note: applications without a relevant cover letter will not be considered)
2) CV with publication list
3) Names and contact information for 3 references.
The University of Minnesota was founded in 1851 and is one of the largest universities in the United States, and is one of the most prestigious research universities in the world. The campus is located in the heart of the Minneapolis-St Paul metropolitan area which is rich in cultural events and natural attractions. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunities employer.
Starting Salary: $48,000