Date Posted: Jun 24, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- City of Hope
- Location: Duarte, CA
- Job Number: 7058158
- Posting Date: Jun 24, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow to work in the areas of cell signaling, cancer and therapeutic development. Dr. Yuan Chen's lab takes a multi-disciplinary approaches ranging from structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry to mouse models.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
• Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required;
• A strong background in one or more of the following areas is essential: X-ray crystallography, biochemistry, molecular biology, and mouse model of cancer or immune response;
• Strong publication record that demonstrates innovation and problem solving, and who is self-motivated and career-oriented.
• For more information about Dr. Chen's research, please visit https://www.cityofhope.org/people/chen-yuan.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.