Date Posted: Jul 30, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Medical Science & Computing
- Location: Gaithersburg, MD
- Job Number: 7058781
- Posting Date: Jul 30, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
We are currently searching for a Formulation Associate Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time with MSC and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the formulation, development and stability testing of development lots of vaccines produced.
- Independently execute studies for the evaluation and development of stable formulations for the vaccine candidates under the supervision of the senior scientist, including sample management, timeline management, data collection and data presentation.
- Execute assays for the evaluation and development of stable formulations for the vaccine candidates using biophysical and biochemical assays (absorbance and fluorescence spectroscopy; dynamic light scattering; zeta potential analysis; differential scanning calorimetry, osmometry, viscometry, pH, conductivity, Fourier transform infrared and circular dichroism spectroscopies, among others).
- Develop methods for the evaluation of stable vaccine formulations.
- Analyze and present data in small group, department and conference settings.
- Write and review technical protocols and reports documenting formulation, stability and method development studies.
- Maintain and troubleshoot (problem diagnosis and repair) laboratory instrumentation, including spectrometers, calorimeters, particle characterization and robotics systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related discipline plus three (3) years’ experience in protein formulation or analytical chemistry (formulation relevant) OR Master’s degree in Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related discipline plus one (1) year experience in protein formulation or analytical chemistry (formulation relevant methods).
Skilled in Protein Spectroscopic Analysis (UV-Vis, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism spectroscopy).
Experience with classic protein biochemistry sample handling and analysis (UF/DF, SDS-PAGE).
Experience with particle sizing and characterization (Dynamic Light Scattering, HIAC, MFI).
Experience with formulation development studies.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects.
A thorough understanding of biophysical and bioanalytical testing with experience in protein biologics analysis.
Familiarity with computer software including word processing and data evaluation is required (Excel, Chemstation, etc.).
Confident oral and written communication skills.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.