Senior Research Associate 1
- University of Miami
- Location: Miami, FL
- Job Number: 7059958 (Ref #: R100034533)
- Posting Date: Aug 30, 2019
- Application Deadline: Oct 30, 2019
Job DescriptionThe Anesthesiology Department at the University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Associate 1.
The Senior Research Associate 1 supports research activities under the direction of a principle investigator, program director or designee of the principle investigator or program director.
• Contributes to basic and applied research activities by collecting and analyzing data, maintaining databases etc...
• Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures
• Participates in the publication of significant results, to include authorship of scientific monographs
• Advances expertise through continued education, training and/or research.
• Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
• Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice and guidance.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Master’s Degree in relevant field required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
The following skills will be highly preferred:
Prior experience in the following techniques: DNA extractions, RT-PCR, quantitative PCR, AAV/lentivirus production, gene silencing by shRNA, western blots, ChIP-qPCR, FISH-IF, luciferase assay, RIP, exosome, or optogenetics/chemogenetics, mitochondria DNA mutation, cell sorting, or tissue culture.
Prior experience in the field of neuroscience/pain/drug abuse would be a plus, but not absolutely required.
Excellent data recording and organizational skills as well as excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to process and handle confidential information. Detail oriented with a willingness to learn new skills and work independently, but still be a team player.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.htmlPatient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.