Translational Cancer Research (all fields) - TRIUMPH Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7060058
- Posting Date: Sep 5, 2019
- Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2019
Job DescriptionThe CPRIT TRIUMPH Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at MD Anderson Cancer Center is a three-year post-doctoral research program providing unique training in clinical and translational cancer research through didactic coursework, clinical rotations, and a unique, multi-disciplinary mentoring team. We are currently accepting applications from talented, productive, and well-trained PhDs for inclusion in our program. Early-career postdocs and recent Ph.D. or MD/PhD graduates are especially encouraged to apply now! Graduate students within one year of their expected defense date are welcomed to apply. Program start dates are customizable and flexible to best work with your timeline.
Our fellows are fully funded with benefits and a salary commensurate with NIH stipend guidelines and a small travel stipend for presentation at conferences. For additional information and to view bios and testimonials from our TRIUMPH alumni and current fellows, please visit www.mdanderson.org/CPRITTRIUMPH.
• Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. from graduate school program in any of the life sciences
• Publications in top tier journals (at least one first author paper is required)
• Dedication to pursue translational cancer research (although a background or experience in cancer research is not required!)
• Applicants do not need to be US Citizens or permanent residents. If the applicant has a visa, it must be valid (or renewable) for the duration of the fellowship.
A Completed Application will include:
• Curriculum Vitae
• PDF reprints of all first authored publications
• Three letters of recommendation (letters should be written on official letterhead and contain original signatures. They should be submitted by email from the referee’s institutional/organizational email account to CPRITMDACCTraining@mdanderson.org).
• A two-page essay describing your goals and dedication toward a career in clinical and translational cancer research (single-spaced, 12 pt Arial or Times New Roman font)
Please send application materials to CPRITMDACCTraining@mdanderson.org for submission.
Sept 30, 2019 (cycle 3, 2019)
Dec 31, 2019 (cycle 4, 2019)
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.
CPRIT Research Training Program