- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7060134
- Posting Date: Sep 6, 2019
- Application Deadline: Oct 19, 2019
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a highly motivated and creative Postdoctoral Associate with experience in deep learning, feature extraction/texture analysis and imaging analysis. Ideally, the candidate should have prior experience in quantitative imaging in the medical field. The Candidate must have a MD, or PhD in associated scientific discipline such as engineering, computer science, data science, mathematics, medicine, or another related field. The preferred candidate will have at least 3 years research experience algorithm development and deep learning; prior work experience on large-scale studies in deep learning in an academic setting, startup or large Enterprise. Bonus for open source contribution in algorithms, libraries and frameworks in DL.
• Deep learning and texture analysis: Responsible for developing deep learning and texture analysis algorithms and pipelines.
o Must have prior experience in developing and implementing deep learning. Must have experience with Matlab, Python, C/C ++, and other packages for deep learning and imaging analysis. Ideally, the candidate should have experience in scientific or medical deep learning analysis and radiomic/feature extraction analysis.
• Implementation of Deep Learning and texture analysis applied to medical images: Responsible for implementing developed code in various projects related to imaging analysis. Work with other lab members on various research projects related to imaging analysis and deep learning.
o Must have experience in the various programs used for imaging analysis and deep learning
• Knowledge in coding, algorithm development, deep learning and image analysis. Ability to design programs to analyze complicated scenarios. Person must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must. Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position
• Training Employees: Will be responsible for mentoring and overseeing junior researchers that are analyzing MR/CT images using deep learning and image analysis software. Will compile project reports ensuring results and conclusions are cohesive and can be used with confidence by collaborators.
Interested candidates should submit the following to Rivka Colen, MD (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1. Cover letter outlining research accomplishments and goals
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Names of at least three references, including mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
4. Date of availability
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled