- Georgetown University
- Location: Washington DC, DC
- Job Number: 7061047
- Posting Date: Oct 4, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral fellow position available in Translational Immunology laboratory to work with Physician Scientist.
Investigations are focused on studies aimed at identifying innate and adaptive immune mechanisms driving pro inflammatory, cytokine producing, regulatory T cell phenotypes in autoimmune liver disease. Interested candidates should have immunobiology experience and a strong interest in T cell immunology, its regulation, and signaling pathways.
Examples of our publications include:
1) Arterbery AS, Osafo-Addo A, Avitzur Y, Ciarleglio M, Deng Y, Lobritto SJ, Martinez M, Hafler DA, Kleinewietfeld M, Ekong UD.
J Immunol. 2016 May 15;196(10):4040-51. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1502276. Epub 2016 Apr 18. PMID:27183637
2) Arterbery AS, Yao J, Ling A, Avitzur Y, Martinez M, Lobritto S, Deng Y, Geliang G, Mehta S, Wang G, Knight J, Ekong UD.
Front Immunol. 2018 Jul 19;9:1612. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2018.01612. eCollection 2018.
3) Jie Yao, PhD, Jordan Patterson, PhD, Adam Arterbery, PhD, James Knight, PhD, Sameet Mehta, PhD, Christopher Castaldi, PhD, Guilin Wang, PhD, Yaron Avitzur, MD, Mercedes Martinez, MD, Steve Lobritto MD, Yanhong Deng, MPH, Gan Geliang, PhD, Andrew Mason, MBBS, Margarita Dominguez-Villar, PhD, Malaiyalam Mariappan, PhD, *Udeme D Ekong MD MPH.
J Hepatology 2019 Sept. HERV1-env dependent unfolded protein response activation is a potential initiator of T cell auto reactivity in autoimmune liver disease. Submitted and In Review.
- PhD degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work with human tissues; prior experience isolating/purifying/culturing human PBMC's or cell lines.
- Should be able to perform key immunology-related experiments including but not limited to FACS, immune cell isolation,DNA/RNA/Protein purification, PCR, RT-PCR, molecular cloning (ligation, transformation, mini-prep, and maxi-prep would be an asset).
Equal opportunity employer
Medstar Georgetown Transplant Insitute 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, 2-PHC, Room P-2042, Washington, DC 20007.
Washington DC,District of Columbia
Tel: 202 494 4170