- MIT- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job Number: 7062216
- Posting Date: Nov 7, 2019
- Application Deadline: Jan 3, 2020
Job DescriptionA Postdoctoral position is available in the Nano-Cybernetic Biotrek (NCB) research group at the MIT Media Lab. Our aim is to develop extremely miniaturized micro-nano-devices using meta-materials that can non-invasively and remotely/wirelessly monitor and modulate our biological system. The device will harvest energy from external applied fields for its functioning and also modulate the external fields for communicating sensed data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct research to design and develop wireless sensing technologies, transmitter/receiver systems, RF circuit, implantable and wearable antennae for diverse applications in wireless power transfer, sensing, magnetic resonance imaging and biomedical applications.
Qualifications & Skills:
• PhD in electrical/ electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, materials science, bioengineering or a relevant field;
• Strong background in electromagnetism, antennae design, RF circuit design, RFID design, RF engineering and wireless communication;
• Experience in wireless sensing, energy harvesting, magnetic resonance imaging and magnetics;
• Experience in simulators for wireless sensing and antennae design.
• Experience with nano-fabrication;
• Background in solid state physics and electronic devices;
• Experience with in-vivo animal work.