Postdoctoral Fellow - Diabetes and Metabolism Research Institute - Chen Lab
- City of Hope
- Location: Duarte, CA
- Job Number: 7062711 (Ref #: 10005083)
- Posting Date: Dec 10, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Motivated candidate needed for a Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope in the laboratory of Dr. Zhen Bouman Chen, https://www.cityofhope.org/faculty/zhen-chen.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The postdoc will work on NIH- and Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative-funded projects with a focus on endothelial biology and diabetes complications. S/he will closely work with the PI and other team members (including bioinformaticians, bench scientists, statisticians, and physician scientists) to perform experiments using cell culture, animal models, and donor-derived vascular tissues, conduct bioinformatics analysis for high-throughput sequencing data, and report research findings in scientific publications and oral/poster presentations at select scientific conferences. The postdoc will be also highly encouraged and supported in acquiring intramural or extramural funding for career development.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A doctorate degree (Ph.D. or M.D.) required.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Highly motivated and capable postdoctoral candidates with preferred experience in one or more areas of the following: vascular/endothelial biology, high-throughput sequencing, single cell analysis, flow cytometry and imaging-based analyses, RNA/chromatin biology, tissue processing, 3D culture, and mouse models.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.