Post-doctoral position in Cardiovascular Metabolic Biology
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Job Number: 7062826
- Posting Date: Dec 18, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA position for a postdoctoral research scientist is available in the Metabolic Biology Laboratory of Konstantinos Drosatos at the Center for Translational Medicine of Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA. The laboratory conducts research in the field of cardiac and systemic metabolism with the goal of identifying physiological mechanisms and cellular signaling pathways that underlie cardiac energetics complications with important ramifications in heart failure, septic cardiac dysfunction and diabetic cardiomyopathy. Lab members have access to “state of the art” molecular biology, mouse physiology, metabolism and imaging facilities of the Center for Translational Medicine, established in 2012. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have the ability to create innovative ideas and perform experiments to address them, be able to work on a collaborative environment and demonstrate strong writing and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and perform experiments, data analysis , interpretation, and presentation.
• Report progress in an organized fashion during group meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Principal Investigator.
• Write manuscripts and grants.
• Interact with senior and junior members of the Center.
Desired Skills and Experience
• PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline with at least 4 years of lab experience preferably in Cardiovascular and/or Metabolic Biology research.
• Hands-on experience with animals, cell culture, gene expression analyses, metabolic analyses, statistics.
• Strong documentation skills and ability to work in a research-intensive and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with staff and professional colleagues.
• 1-page cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• 2 reference letters (sent directly from referees)
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills is provided for at least 2 years.
Center for Translational Medicine
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
3500 N. Broad st. MERB-951