- Henry Ford Health System
- Location: Detroit, MI
- Job Number: 7062979
- Posting Date: Jan 9, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA position for NIH-funded postdoctoral research fellow is available in the Gynecologic Oncology Laboratory of Ramandeep Rattan at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA. The laboratory conducts research in the field of ovarian cancer with the goal of identifying immune and metabolic mechanisms and cellular signaling pathways that underlie the benefits of diet modulation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to multi-task and independent with the ability to create innovative ideas and perform experiments to address them, be able to work in a team and demonstrate strong writing and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Independently design and perform experiments, analyze, interpret and present data. Report progress and planned work direction in an organized manner during group meetings and one-on-one meetings.
• Write manuscripts and grants. Educate self and keep abreast of literature associated with project.
Desired Skills and Experience
• PhD degree in life or biomedical sciences with emphasis on cancer biology or immunology or metabolism.
• Hands-on experience with animals, cell culture, immunology, metabolic analyses and molecular biology techniques.
• Strong documentation skills and ability to work in a research-intensive and interactive environment.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with staff and professional colleagues.