Postdoctoral Associate- Neonatology
- Anne & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Number: 7063322
- Posting Date: Jan 31, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Post-Doctoral Research Associate is assigned to Neonatology Research Lab at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital and Northwestern University Medical Campus, which focuses on studying the role of innate immunity and macrovascular development in the pathogenesis of Necrotizing Enterocolitis. The Post-Doctoral Associate will design, conduct and lead research projected assigned by the Principal Investigator. The Post-doctorate will be responsible for data analysis, interpretation, and preparation of manuscripts for publication. Post-doctoral is required to work with our neonatal mouse NEC model, human intestinal RNA and DNA extraction and purification, RNA-Seq analysis, primary cell cultures, maintenance and propagation of cell lines, histological processing of paraffin-embedded tissue sections, in situ hybridization, immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry, and cell cultures, microscopy/imaging and flow cytometry. This position requires the ability to work independently and to collaborate with other researchers and core laboratories.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide researchers as requested with technical assistance.
2. Performs job functions adhering to principals of innovation, academic excellence and teamwork to provide
the highest quality research effort to our Institution, co-workers and others.
3. Genetic studies, molecular biology, cloning, protein analysis, gene chip arrays and others.
4. Analyzing data.
5. Preparing data for presentations, grants and publications.
6. Help write grant proposals and progress reports related to research projects.
7. Participate in regular lab meetings, journal clubs, and research seminars.
8. Other job functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ph. D. in Biology
2. Knowledge in Computer programs, word, excel and power point presentations.
3. Excellent writing and communication skills.
4. Organizational skills: Ability to establish priorities and react promptly to a large variety of requests
and needs, sometimes in stressful situations.