Postdoctoral Fellowship in biochemistry and molecular biology
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- Location: Duluth, MN
- Job Number: 7064865
- Posting Date: Feb 24, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Laboratory of Medical Neuroscience and Chronobiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus is looking for a talented and motivated postdoctoral researcher. The laboratory is interested in 1) mRNA translation control mechanisms in neurodegenerative and psychiatric disorders; 2) molecular basis of circadian timekeeping in mammals. The lab can be found here: https://biomedical.umn.edu/bio/biomedsci/ruifeng-cao. Recent publications can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=ruifeng+cao. Trainees will have opportunities to work with genetically modified mice and solve scientific problems utilizing a combination of molecular, cellular and behavioral approaches.
- A recent PhD degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Neuroscience or related fields in biomedical sciences.
- First-author publications.
- Experience in protein and RNA work, cellular signal transduction, and/or molecular neuroscience
- Demonstrated expertise in techniques such as tissue culture, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, immunostaining, confocal microscopy, polysome profiling, ribosome profiling, qRT-PCR, ChIP-seq, RNA seq, electrophysiological recording (intracellular or whole-cell patch clamp), viral-mediated gene silencing and animal behavioral tests
- Highly self-motivated, efficient, and well organized
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent scientific writing and communicating skills in English
Salary will be commensurate with experience starting from $48,000 per annum. The State of Minnesota is one of the best states for family life. The city of Duluth is an inexpensive, seaport city located on the Lake Superior's shore with a variety of urban amenities. To apply, please send a letter of intent, CV with a list of publications, names and emails of three referees to Dr. Ruifeng Cao at firstname.lastname@example.org.