POST DOC FELLOW
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7066549 (Ref #: hlj_23548)
- Posting Date: May 27, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The laboratory of Dr. Marco Davila is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the lab that is developing chimeric antigen receptors (CAR) to target hematologic and solid tumor malignancies. The other major aim of the laboratory will be to use mouse models to understand what role the immune system plays in the CAR T cell rejection of targeted cancers. These complementary aims allow the development and optimization of CAR-modified T cells, first in mice, and then in humans.
• Post-doctoral fellow in cancer immunology
• Working on adoptive T cell immunotherapy
• CAR T cell biology
• Collaborative research environment
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience in cellular and/or molecular immunology, flow cytometry, compensation, and analysis, and tissue culture techniques is required.
• Ability in working independently and collaborating with lab staff is essential.
• The applicant will work closely with the Principal Investigator devising, performing, and analyzing experiments.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Applicant must have a Ph.D. or M.D., and a solid background in Immunology and/or immunotherapy.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.