- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7066709 (Ref #: daa4f8c7)
- Posting Date: Jun 4, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Position: Virology/Infectious Disease
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a post-doctoral position in the laboratory of Christine O’Connor, PhD, in the Department of Genomic Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic. This position is for highly motivated, enthusiastic candidates with a strong background in molecular/cellular biology, virology, immunology, and/or related field. Research topics include understanding the function(s) of the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) encoded G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) during latency and reactivation. Qualified individuals should hold a PhD and/or MD and have strong laboratory, analytical, and communication skills. Candidates with experience in virology and/or immunology are strongly encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities include:
- conducting research aimed at understanding HCMV-encoded GPCR functions during viral latency and reactivation.
- planning, organizing, performing, and monitoring daily activities related to the project protocols and goals.
- preparing, collecting, and maintaining required research project documentation and data.
- leading, assisting, and contributing to the preparation of internal and external presentations, reports, and manuscript publications.
- participating and presenting in lab meetings, as well as departmental and institute seminars.
Ideal candidates have:
- PhD and/or MD in microbiology, virology, molecular biology, cell biology, or related field.
- extensive experience in tissue culture and molecular/cellular biology techniques (e.g. RNA/DNA manipulation, cloning, protein analyses). Virology background is not required, but is preferred.
- demonstrated ability to be highly motivated and organized, detail-oriented, a critical thinker, and able to work independently as well as in teams.
- exceptional communication skills (both oral and written).
Interested candidates should submit a current CV, description of past research experience and accomplishments, summary of current and future research interests, selected publication reprints, as well as the names and contact information of three referees to: Christine O’Connor, email: email@example.com
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.