Postdoctoral Associate - 2001698
- Stony Brook University
- Location: Stony Brook, NY
- Job Number: 7068238
- Posting Date: Jul 27, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
PhD or MD in hand by December 2020. Experience with at least one or more of the following: single-cell analysis, systems biology, proteomics, microfluidics, biosensor, tissue engineering, immunoengineering, biomaterials, and mouse tissues.
PhD or MD in Biomedical Engineering, Genetics, Immunology, Biology, Systems Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Material Science, Bioengineering, Analytical Chemistry, Bioinformatics or closely related fields in hand by September 2020. Research experience with micro/nanotechnology, immunoassay, biosensor, systems biology and/or bioinformatics. Interdisciplinary background or interest. Mouse model experience is preferred.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator, Dr. Jun Wang, in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Stony Brook University, www.multiplexbiotechnologylab.com/. The incumbent will conduct scientific research and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of Stony Brook University. He/she will work on research projects related to single-cell multiplex technologies and systems biology for disease diagnosis and molecular mechanism studies. Research directions include exploring bioanalytical chemistry, bioengineering and bioinformatics solutions for emerging problems in neuroscience, cancer biology, immunotherapy, infectious disease, and regenerative medicine.
· Within the predetermined research scope and methodology, conduct research experiments in the field of multiplex single-cell analysis and animal model.
· Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
· Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
· Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies as needed.
· Other duties as assigned, which may include mentoring graduate and undergraduate students, and attending Scientific Conferences and Meetings.
Visit The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to learn more about our postdoctoral community.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.