Postdoctoral Fellowship-Integrated Mathematical Oncology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7068354 (Ref #: hlj_26687)
- Posting Date: Jul 28, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Our group is part of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology department at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research institute in Tampa, FL. We are looking for postdoctoral candidate in modeling the evolutionary dynamics in cancer metastasis.
- The aim of the project is to understand how the interactions between tumor cells and stromal cells (carcinoma associated fibroblasts) shape the selection in lung cancer. Given the nature of the work, we are looking for a candidate able to work at the intersection between biology and mathematical modeling.
- We are interested in studying the evolutionary dynamics driving the emergence of resistance to treatment and thus collaborate with oncologists and other clinical researchers at Moffitt.
- Will attend lab meetings with our experimental collaborator, the lab run by Dr. Andriy Marusyk (experimental cancer biologists), as well as meetings with other mathematical modelers at IMO
- There are opportunities to collaboration with scientists from other disciplines.
- Opportunity to present work at cancer and mathematical meetings and publish in cancer and computational biology journals.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Can develop mathematical models of cancer and/or evolutionary processes.
- Can use programming languages such as Java/C/C++/Python/R or similar.
- Meet with the supervisor and Dr. Marusyk and the members of his lab.
- Develop mathematical models in collaboration with Drs. Basanta, Marusyk and Altrock.
- Present work in suitable journals as well as mathematical and cancer meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a doctorate in mathematics, physics, computer science or a related discipline.
To apply, please complete an online application and send curriculum vitae and three (3) letters of reference to: David.Basanta@moffitt.org.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.