Lawrence Fellow Post Doc
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Location: Livermore, CA
- Job Number: 7068740
- Posting Date: Aug 10, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionLawrence Fellow Post Doc
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place. With expertise that spans world-class basic science to premier advanced technologies, we have always been at the forefront of the world's most important scientific discoveries.
We currently have openings in our prestigious Lawrence Fellowship postdoctoral program that will allow you to take your skills to the next level and apply them to solving the nation's most pressing national security problems. The purpose of this fellowship is to pursue groundbreaking science and to stimulate ideas for cross fertilization. Lawrence Fellows will do creative and independent research in an aspect of science relevant to the competencies at LLNL. Fellows participate in experimental or theoretical work at LLNL, and will have access to LLNL's extensive computing facilities, talent pool, specialized laboratory facilities and field equipment.
Details of the fellowship may be found at http://fellowship.llnl.gov
The deadline for application is October 1, 2020.
- Conduct research and/or development in one or more of the following areas: Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry, Material Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Atmospheric Science, Geoscience, Energy, Lasers and Biology.
- Organize, analyze, and present data from research.
- Pursue independent (but complementary) research interests and interact with exceptional scientists both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences seminars and/or technical meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in a relevant scientific field.
- Demonstrated creativity, exceptional ability, and proven accomplishments in applicant's area of specialization.
- Demonstrated ability as an innovative theorist and/or experimentalist with a broad range of experience in design, techniques and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Anticipated Clearance Level: None, L, or Q depending upon location of assignment. (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: These are three-year term Postdoctoral appointments. Eligible candidates have been awarded a PhD.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://apptrkr.com/1971514
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.