Computational Postdoctoral Fellow
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7068944
- Posting Date: Aug 18, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionComputational Postdoctoral Fellow
Developing omics integration approaches and single cell computational tools for cancer research.
· This computational postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
· There will be ample opportunities to interact directly with basic, translational, clinical researchers, bioinformaticians, and biostatisticians to develop algorithms or tools for analyzing single cell data.
The Ideal Candidate:
· A highly motivated researcher with a strong quantitative scientific background and programming skills.
· Research background/experiences in machine learning, AI, and/or interactive tool development.
· Ability to learn new tools and knowledge is highly desirable.
· Will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
· Will help understand tumor-microenvironment changes, cancer patient treatment response, and for treatment prediction.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Required: PhD in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
· Experience in developing open-source software and/or interactive web-based tools.
· Solid quantitative background and experiences of developing novel algorithms or methods for analyzing time series data.
· Experience of integration of multi-omics data including whole exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc.
· Research background in machine learning and AI.
· Experience with cloud computing/compute cluster environments.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Y. Ann Chen @ Ann.Chen@moffitt.org.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.