Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs: Predoctoral, Dissertation, and Postdoctoral Awards
- National Research Council of the National Academies
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job Number: 7069054
- Posting Date: Aug 21, 2020
- Application Deadline: Dec 10, 2020
Job DescriptionAs of September 8, 2020, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine will be accepting applications for the 2021 Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs. Eligibility and online application information are available on the Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs website.
Through its program of fellowships, the Ford Foundation seeks to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
• All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card); individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program;* Indigenous individuals exercising rights associated with the Jay Treaty of 1794; political asylees; and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation;
• Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations); and
• Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in the U.S.
*Eligibility includes individuals with current status under the DACA Program, as well as individuals whose status may have lapsed but who continue to meet all the USCIS guidelines for DACA.
• Predoctoral: $27,000 per year for three years
• Dissertation: $28,000 for one year
• Postdoctoral: $50,000 for one year
Awardees will receive an invitation to attend at least one Conference of Ford Fellows. Approximately 70 predoctoral, 36 dissertation, and 24 postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded.
Application Deadline Dates:
• Predoctoral: December 17, 2020 (5:00 PM EST)
• Dissertation: December 10, 2020 (5:00 PM EST)
• Postdoctoral: December 10, 2020 (5:00 PM EST)
Supplementary Materials receipt deadline for submitted applications is January 7, 2021 (5:00 PM EST)
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine value diversity in our members, volunteers, and staff and strive for a culture of inclusion in our workplace and activities. Convening a diverse community to exchange ideas and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and increases our relevance as advisers to the nation about the most complex issues facing the nation and the world. To promote diversity and inclusion in the sciences, engineering, and medicine, we are committed to increasing the diversity of the National Academies’ staff, members, and volunteers to reflect the populations we serve. We pledge to cultivate an environment and culture that promotes inclusion and values respectful participation of all individuals who help advance the mission of the institution.