Postdoctoral Position in Tissue Engineering
- University of Delaware
- Location: Newark, DE
- Job Number: 7069439
- Posting Date: Sep 3, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Das Lab at the University of Delaware invites applications for a postdoctoral scientist to be part of a diverse interdisciplinary team, supported by a National Science Foundation grant, focused on using nanoparticles for tissue engineering.
The goal of the project is to develop nano and microparticles which can be used for drug delivery in organoids. The candidate will work on design, fabrication, and control of nano and microparticles along with mammalian cell culture in the mechanical engineering department at UD with close collaborations with synthetic biologists at MIT and roboticists at BU.
Experience, attributes, and skills sought:
• PhD in bioengineering, biology, material science or any relevant discipline.
• Creative scientist with a track record of quality publications.
• Cell Culture or tissue engineering experience.
• Fabrication, including lithography and experience of working in the cleanroom is preferred.
• Interdisciplinary knowledge and skills in nanotechnology and tissue engineering.
• Work experience in advanced imaging facilities, and laboratory settings.
• Team player with outstanding leadership, communication and presentation skills.
Start Date: October 15 2020 though later dates can be negotiated as well. The project is for two years.
Applications should consist of a single PDF file with CV, 1-page description of research interests and three most relevant papers. Please email Sambeeta Das at firstname.lastname@example.org with the application package.