Photochemistry Postdoctoral Researcher
- University of Chicago
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Number: 7069459
- Posting Date: Sep 3, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available at the University of Chicago and Nanoscience and Technology Division (NST) at Argonne National Laboratory, with a focus on photochemical synthesis and characterization.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and have a strong track record. He/she will be responsible for conducting researches related to photochemical synthesis of small organic molecules and polymers. The postdoctoral candidate will also perform advanced material characterizations using state-of-the-art facilities to understand chemical reaction dynamics and mechanisms. The selected individual will have access to world-class research facilities and gain in-depth knowledge of the research frontiers in the fields of photochemistry and quantum mechanics. He/she will also have the opportunity to be a part of a world-class scientific team and involved in vigorous research programs.
Candidate should have completed a doctorate level degree within the last three years or soon to be completed and a strong background in photophysics and/or nanophotonics. Previous experience in the following areas is highly desired:
- Strong background in photochemistry and photophysics
- Expertise in nanophotonics, optical microcavities and nanofabrications
- Experience in numerical simulations using FDTD and/or COMSOL
- Background in the design and fabrication of microfluidic devices and the related chemistry
- Familiar with composition analysis tools including HPLC, FTIR and GC-MS
- Experience with spectroscopic methods such as UV-VIS spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy and pump-probe spectroscopy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested candidates should submit an application package that includes a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae with a list of publications and the names and addresses of three professional references.