Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Biology focused
- University of Michigan
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Job Number: 7070190
- Posting Date: Sep 22, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe University of Michigan, College of Pharmacy has a full-time opening for a research fellow in the Sun Lab (https://pharmacy.umich.edu/sun-lab).
Among other projects, our lab is interested in drug discovery and drug structure optimization for tissue targeting. The goal of our projects is to enhance success rate of drug development in clinical trials by developing methods to optimize compounds for improving efficacy and tissue targeting in relevant disease (Various cancers, Myelofibrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ulcerative Colitis).
A postdoctoral fellow position in cancer biology related field is available for a highly motivated individual interested in cancer biology and evaluation of anticancer drugs especially in breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, and blood cancer. This position is within a multi-disciplinary and highly collaborative research group. The successful applicant should have a strong cancer biology but also show interest in cancer drug discovery.
• Create hypotheses, design experiment, and perform cancer biology related experiment in biochemical assays, in cancer cell in vitro
• Evaluate compound for anticancer efficacy in animal cancer models in vivo
• Regular report of research progress in group meeting and active participation in discussion
• Work well independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team
• PhD (or equivalent degree) in biology, biochemistry, cancer biology, pharmacology, or other related fields
• Strong ability to perform cell biology and molecular biology experiment in vitro
• Strong ability to perform in vivo animal experiments in animal cancer models
• Solid mechanistic understanding to perform troubleshooting
• Well organized and ability to multi-task to deliver on multiple targets simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills