Postdoc fellow position
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Location: Miwaukee, WI
- Job Number: 7073994 (Ref #: 27798)
- Posting Date: Jan 12, 2021
- Application Deadline: Mar 1, 2021
Job DescriptionThe Division of Hematology and Oncology at Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is seeking a postdoc fellow who is interested in developing her/his career in the areas of cancer molecular epidemiology. The candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Jing Dong (https://www.mcw.edu/departments/medicine/divisions/hematology-oncology-cancer/people/jing-dong-phd) with the focus on large-scale genetic and genomic association studies related to hematological malignancies. The start date is flexible, and temporary remote work is also an option based the situation of pandemic. The initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of extension. Salary will follow NIH guideline commensurate with research experience.
This position is NOT restricted to permanent U.S. residents or citizens. Applications should be received before March 1, 2021. Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit, with no discrimination for non-merit reasons such as race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization. This position is subject to a background investigation.
The successful candidate will have:
• PhD degree in epidemiology, bioinformatics, computer science or related area, OR MD with demonstrated advanced training in epidemiology (a minimum of MPH with epidemiology or biostatistics major required).
• Strong analytical skills with experience in analyses of ‘OMICs’ data (GWAS, WGS and WES preferred) or an interest in bioinformatics approaches to analyses of ‘OMICs’ data.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
• Strong record of publication and strong writing skills.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, summary of research interests and experience, and contact information of three references to Jing Dong via email (email@example.com) with the subject of “Postdoc Application.”
Division of Hematology and Oncology