Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept of Genitourinary Medical Oncology - Research (Dr. Eric Jonasch, MD)
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7074193
- Posting Date: Jan 18, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionCandidates should be highly motivated individuals who have a recent Ph.D. degree or in the process of completing Ph.D. training and a solid background in molecular biology, with preferred hand-on experience in molecular techniques, and mouse cancer models.
- Experience of laboratory techniques in the fields of molecular biology and immunology.
- Develop, analyze and validate data for assays using statistical methods.
- Previous experience with SOPs and animal protocols.
- Troubleshooting daily experiments.
- Demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Anticipated start date is ASAP.
Learning objectives to be achieved within 2 years, and to be expanded towards a consolidated and diversified project line thereafter.
Diversity and inclusion at MD Anderson are not just important; they are essential. We take an expansive view of diversity, considering differences in race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender and religious beliefs, as well as communication styles, thought, skill and ambition. We constantly examine our culture to create an inclusive working environment that effectively attracts, retains, develops and utilizes the skills and talents of all employees. Our Diversity Council develops strategies to attract and retain superior talent and enhance workforce diversity and inclusion. We also offer multiple diversity training programs to our employees.