Postdoctoral Fellow–Molecular Oncology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7074204 (Ref #: hlj_28757)
- Posting Date: Jan 19, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A post-doctoral position is available in the lab of Dr. Jiandong Chen at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center to study the structures, regulation, and therapeutic targeting of p53, MDM2 and MDMX proteins. The research interest of the lab is in investigating signaling mechanisms that activate p53 in response to stress and develop novel strategies for therapeutic targeting of wild type and mutant p53 in cancer treatment. Ongoing work involves development of wild type p53 inhibitors, therapeutic targeting of temperature-sensitive mutant p53, investigation of novel MDMX functions, and mechanisms of MDMX regulation by phosphorylation. Link to publications from Dr. Chen’s lab: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/jiandong.chen.2/bibliograpahy/41158381/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending
• A highly supportive, well-organized and efficient lab environment.
• Opportunity to collaborate with chemists and structural biologists.
• Opportunity to gain experience in both basic mechanism study and drug discovery.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience with signal transduction, drug discovery, structural biology.
• Experience with cell culture, molecular biology techniques, tumor xenograft models, genetically modified mouse models.
• Interest in studying the large p53 literature to develop independent ideas.
• Mechanistic studies of p53, MDM2, MDMX function and signaling mechanisms using biochemical, cellular and animal models.
• Identification of druggable p53 mutants.
• Develop and improve assays for high throughput drug screen.
• Functional analysis of compounds from drug screen and chemical modification.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Recent Ph.D. graduate with a strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, a current CV, full-length recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr.Jiandong Chen at email@example.com.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.