Postdoctoral Fellow – Drug Discovery in Colorectal Cancer
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7074337 (Ref #: hlj_28784)
- Posting Date: Jan 22, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Hao Xie is a physician scientist who has clinical expertise in colorectal cancer and research expertise in synthetic organic chemistry and translational oncology. His laboratory research focuses on drug discovery and development using novel patient-derived tumor models and phosphoproteomics in colorectal cancer. His laboratory research projects include the following: 1) design and synthesis of novel small molecules for targeted protein degradation in the form of proteolysis targeting chimera and autophagy targeting chimera; 2) evaluate the biological and molecular effects of targeted protein degradation on RAS-mutant colorectal cancer; 3) preclinical evaluation of targeted protein degradation in combination with traditional kinase inhibitors in colorectal cancer.
● Opportunity to work with a team of scientists and physicians in interdisciplinary fields of organic chemistry, cell biology, and translational research in colorectal cancer.
● Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
● Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs
● You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
● Completed or completing PhD training in the field of cancer biology or chemical biology.
● Peer reviewed journal publication in relevant fields.
● Independently design and perform experiments for research questions and analyze and interpret results.
● Effective oral and written communications with PI and other team members.
● Willing to learn new experimental techniques and teach other trainees in the laboratory.
● Manage laboratory supplies and maintain laboratory safety.
Credentials and Qualifications:
● PhD in cancer biology or chemical biology.
● Should have at least one first (co-first) or corresponding author publication.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should attach a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for your PhD and/or postdoctoral adviser as a reference to Dr. Hao Xie at Hao.Xie@moffitt.org.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.