- Henry Ford Health System
- Location: Detroit, MI
- Job Number: 7074358
- Posting Date: Jan 22, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionTwo positions for NIH-funded postdoctoral research fellows are available in the collaborative laboratories of Dr. Giri, Neurology and Dr. Rattan, Gynecologic Oncology at the Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA. The laboratories conduct research in the fields of immune and immunometabolism mechanisms and cellular signaling pathways that are regulation by inflammation and the metabolic master regulator AMPK. The ideal candidate will have experience in immunology, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and independent with the ability to create innovative ideas and perform experiments to address them, be able to work in a team and demonstrate strong writing and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Independently design and perform experiments, analyze, interpret and present data. Report progress and planned work direction in an organized manner during group meetings and one-on-one meetings.
• Write manuscripts and grants. Remain current with the literature associated with project.
Desired Skills and Experience
• PhD degree in life or biomedical sciences with emphasis on immunology, inflammation or immunometabolism.
• Hands-on experience with animals, cell culture, immunology, metabolic analyses and molecular biology techniques.
• Strong documentation skills and ability to work in a research-intensive and interactive environment.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with staff and professional colleagues.