RUPRI and ICI Qualitative Postdoc Scholar
- Ball State University
- Location: Muncie, IN
- Job Number: 7074915 (Ref #: BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/23873)
- Posting Date: Feb 9, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Function:Collaborate internally and outside the university via field work on an interdisciplinary, mixed-methods, multi-university research project on the role of community-level assets in the livelihood strategies of low-income rural households. Collect and analyze data from three case studies in Indiana, including: survey development and analysis, key informant interviews, community interviews, and focus groups.
Minimum Education:PhD in rural sociology, sociology, public policy, demography, applied economics, or a related field from an accredited institution earned by date of appointment.
Minimum Experience:Some experience conducting or participating in at least one major case study research project, including interviewing, focus groups, surveys, and/or participant observations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Author and co-author journal articles (sociological, applied economic, and/or related journals).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with the project Principal Investigator to conduct a comparative case-study in three Indiana communities (already selected) using qualitative methods, including: surveys, community interviews, focus groups, and key informant interviews in each case site.
- Partner with the project Principal Investigator to conduct analysis of data from each site, including coding and development of themes, and disseminate information to project team.
- Utilize early qualitative analysis to explore the potential for more quantitative analyses.
- Develop and deliver presentations at national-level professional conferences (sociological, applied economic, and/or related fields).
- Create reports and/or presentations for stakeholders in the case sites, granters, and/or to local, state, and/or federal policy makers.
- Collaborate with the project team to make policy recommendations.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.