Post Doctoral Fellow - Clinical Diagnostics Industry
- Keck Graduate Institute
- Location: Claremont, CA
- Job Number: 7074928
- Posting Date: Feb 9, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPost Doctoral Fellow - Clinical Diagnostics Industry
Job Posting Title:
Post Doctoral Fellow - Clinical Diagnostics Industry
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. (Ortho) is a leading provider of in-vitro diagnostic products and services, offering accurate, timely, and cost-effective solutions for screening, diagnosing, monitoring and confirming diseases. The company has approximately 4,500 employees around the world serving the global clinical laboratory and transfusion medicine community, and is committed to providing customers with products, services and process solutions to make labs more efficient in delivering the quality test results doctors and patients need.
We are seeking a dynamic post-graduate clinical diagnostics Fellows to participate in experiential education by developing new assays for our VITROS family of analyzers. Successful Fellows will bring breakthroughs mind-sets, diverse perspectives, and disruptive thinking to our organization. The candidates will be able to creatively apply standard scientific and mathematical principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in their duties. Fellows are expected to develop knowledge of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics reagent technologies and assay architecture interactions with the VITROS systems and software. The Fellows will ensure that the assay development processes are performed within Ortho's Quality System in accordance with the project schedule and may be required to train lower level scientists within the organization. This position will be located in Rochester, NY.
Education and Experience:
Ph.D. degree in Chemistry (Bioanalytical), Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related discipline with good knowledge of immunology or protein chemistry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions may be performed, with or without, reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Lead the development of assays designs, components, performance characterization and troubleshooting under the leadership of a preceptor.
• Functions as key technical leader on critical development projects ensuring timely completion of defined deliverables. Develops study plans, designs test protocols, performs testing, analyses of experimental data, and summarizes the results aimed for the development of new VITROS In Vitro diagnostic products or processes using established protocols and SOP's.
• Prepares technical reports, including quantitative analysis, and participates in scientific meetings and presents technical findings.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate records of work performed in accordance with cGMP and the procedures outlined in the Quality System.This includes Design History Files, other associated testing documentation, and device performance verification and validation papers for regulatory submissions.
• Defines and maintains world class best practices and knowledge in the science of IVD assay and system design that allows them to impact business critical projects across all lines of business.
• Mentors lower level scientists for day to day direction, and reviews and approves report or memos from lower level scientists.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions may be performed, with or without, reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ph.D. degree in Chemistry (Bioanalytical), Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related discipline with good knowledge of immunology or protein chemistry.
• Research experience and track record of publications or patents in the area of Clinical Chemistry, Cardiac, Metabolic, Molecular Biology or Infectious Disease is a plus.
• Knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis, including data evaluation and interpretation is desired.
• Basic computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel) along with experience in MiniTab or other statistical software is desired.
• Knowledge of statistical principles and methods is desired.
• Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, multitasks effectively and demonstrates strong leadership skills and ability to work in an interdependent, collaborative environment.
• Travel less than 10%
Physical and Mental Requirements
Ability to maintain good concentration level while dealing with interruptions; attention to details with emphasis on accuracy; capable of giving, receiving, and analyzing information, formulating work plans, and articulating goals and action plans. Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time. Standing for extended periods of time. Reaching and extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than the whole hand(s), or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard. Communication skills using the spoken word. Ability to see within normal parameters. Ability to hear within normal parameters. Ability to bend and stoop, for example, to file. Ability to move about. Ability to lift and carry short distances up to 20 lbs., for example to lift or move office supplies, files, books and packages.
Ability to drive locally and travel by airplane nationally. Occasionally, will be required to stand for prolonged periods of time at activities/events on and off-campus.
A confidential review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. To be ensured full consideration, please submit a cover letter, 3 page research summary statement explaining the motivation and project interests, curriculum vitae, and three professional references. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Keck Graduate Institute is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all terms and conditions of employment. KGI strongly encourages candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2149054
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.