- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7074963 (Ref #: 6efdadf7)
- Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A new and exciting project staff opportunity using genomics to understand and recommend treatment options is available immediately in the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute's Department of Hematology and Oncology.
The ideal candidate would be a PhD (international MD/MBBS equivalent may be considered) with a strong background in cancer genetics and genomics, and molecular biology, and a strong interest in clinically applications of genetic and genomic data. Ideally a candidate has experience with conducting large-scale complex genomics analyses e.g. tumor mutational burden or HLA, and/or longitudinal genetic analyses e.g. with tumor growth and evolutionary dynamics. Candidates should also be familiar with specialized bioinformatics programs for genomic analysis, public genomics resources and databases, and statistical analysis methods.
The job will consist of:
- Compiling preclinical and clinical data on somatic genomic alterations reported in clinical somatic sequencing to help advise clinicians on the pathogenicity of identified molecular alterations on reports for clinicians who have requested genomic testing
- Working with a multidisciplinary team advising on suitable clinical treatment and/or investigation strategies based identified molecular alterations
- Organization, preparation of content, and presentation at weekly Genomics Tumor Boards
- Development of educational curriculum for colleagues and other healthcare professionals in the interpretation of cancer genomics data
- Regular communication with commercial genomic testing companies to evaluate changes in their offerings and technology
- Communicating clearly and concisely with colleagues and other healthcare professionals
- Being able to work as part of a team, which includes medical staff and genetic counselors
- Writing for journals and presenting research papers at conferences
Please send your curriculum vitae and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Pauline Funchain at email@example.com.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.